Miscarriage is still something of a taboo subject.
Perhaps you can help us to make it less of an embarrassment, to get the facts and feelings of miscarriage across to people – and to make sure that they know about the Miscarriage Association. Maybe they won’t need it themselves, but it might help someone they know. Here are some ways to help:
- Find places willing to display our poster or small information cards: from supermarkets and hairdressers to libraries and the local GP surgeries – you might have better ideas. Contact us to get supplies.
- Become a media volunteer. Working positively with the media -newspapers, magazines, radio, TV – is one of the best ways in which we can raise awareness of the issues surrounding miscarriage, ectopic and molar pregnancy.
- Make good use of online media:
- use and promote the Miscarriage Association’s Facebook page
- use other social media like Twitter (@MiscarriageA) and online blogs to raise awareness of pregnancy loss and to promote the M.A. as a source of help.
- Support good practice and better understanding at work, as Victoria did, or arrange a display at work or in the community. We can help you with this.
- Help staff our stand at an exhibition or conference near you; or join our support teams at fundraising events like the London Marathon or the Glasgow Women’s 10k. Contact us for information.
Our special thanks to RAL Display for donating a roller banner which we’ll be using at a range of exhibition spaces.
Our thanks too to Display Wizard for donating a railing banner which we use at the London Marathon.