We have a UK-wide network of support volunteers who have been through pregnancy loss themselves and who run miscarriage and pregnancy loss support group meetings, some face to face and some online.
All our groups offer an opportunity to meet with others who have experienced pregnancy loss, to share thoughts, feelings and experiences in a safe and supportive atmosphere. It can make such a difference to be with people who have been through something similar.
Support groups meeting face to face
The thought of going to a support group can be daunting – but for many, like Sara, it is a very positive experience.
I was quite nervous of going and I was worried I might break down in front of a group of strangers. As it happened I found the session extremely helpful and I am really looking forward to going again.
For anyone who’s anxious about going to a group, give it a try. You will be in a supportive environment, often a small group and you don’t have to share unless you’re ready to. Sometimes you realise more about your own feelings by listening to others.
- Meets on the first Wednesday every month from 7-8.30 pm at Oasis, 10D High Street, Antrim (beside Planet Bingo). All welcome, no need to book. Tea/coffee and biscuits provided!
- Meets on the first Monday of the month from 7-8.30 pm. The group meets at WRDA, 6 Mount Charles (off Botanic Avenue), Belfast BT7 1NZ. All welcome, no need to book. Tea/coffee and biscuits provided!
- Blackpool, Wyre & Fylde:
- Usually meets on the 4th Thursday of every month from 7.30-9 pm, at Unit 10, Marsh Mill Village, Thornton Cleveleys FY5 4J
- Meets on the 2nd Wednesday of every month from 7-9 pm. at the Craiglochart Leisure Centre, 177 Colinton Road Edinburgh EH14 1BZ
- Meets on the 3rd Tuesday of every month from 7-9 pm at Avonway Community Centre, 36 Shaftesbury St, Fordingbridge SP6 1JF. Tea and coffee provided. Contact us if you’d like more details.
- Runs as and when needed, so just let them know. Contact us for details.
- Meets on the 3rd Thursday of the month, 7-9 pm, at Sherwood Methodist Church (Devon Drive entrance)
Support groups meeting via Zoom
We have a number of pregnancy loss support groups, including a new Pregnant After Loss group, meeting via Zoom. Like our in-person support groups, anyone affected by pregnancy loss, including partners, is welcome to attend these online meetings. You can choose whether to have your camera on or not, and whether to talk or not – whatever feels most comfortable.
Support volunteer, Brigitte, says:
If you’ve found it hard getting to a support group now’s your chance to try one without travelling miles! You can say as much as you want or just listen and know you’re not the only one feeling like you do. You can even give a few groups a try.
How to join a Zoom support group
To attend a group, simply choose one from the days and times listed below and contact email@example.com to ask for the Zoom link to take part. Please get in touch with her before 4 p.m. on the day of the meeting you want to attend to be sure she can send you the details in time.
You will see that the groups are also listed by location – this is because these groups have previously met face-to-face. You do not need to live in the area mentioned to attend a particular group – people attend from across the UK – so feel free to choose the one that suits you best.
- Glasgow, last Monday of every month, 7-9 pm, but no meeting in December 2023
- London, 4th Tuesday of every month, 8-9 pm, except December 2023, when it will be held on Tuesday 2nd January (not Tuesday 26th December)
- Yorkshire, 2nd Tuesday of every month, 7.30-9 pm, except February 2024, when it will be held on Tuesday 6th February (not Tuesday 13th)
- National – Molar pregnancy group, 2nd Wednesday of the month, 7.30 – 9 pm. This group is for people with molar pregnancy but not needing treatment. If you are in treatment following diagnosis, you are welcome to join the online support group hosted by Maggie’s Centre: email firstname.lastname@example.org for details of how to join.
- Winchester – Pregnant After Loss group, 4th Wednesday of every month, 7.45-8.45 pm, please email to register for the 27th December meeting by 4 pm on 21st December
- West London, 2nd Thursday of every month, 6-7.30 pm, except December 2023, when it will be held on Thursday 7th December (not Thursday 14th)
- Winchester, 3rd Thursday of every month, 7.30-9 pm, except December 2023, when it will be held on Wednesday 20th December (not Thursday 21st)
A Zoom support group member comments:
It was the first I attended and words can’t begin to describe how incredible I found it. It was good to finally be able to share my experience with another group of women who’d been through similar. I wanted to give each and every one of them a virtual hug! I have woken today feeling the best that I have since the situation began, and finally feel like a weight has been lifted.
Another attendee says:
Thank you for making it such a safe place to share. It really was so helpful for both me and my partner – he also felt so heard. Will definitely come again.
Our network of volunteers also offer support by telephone and some of them provide support for people with particular experiences or circumstances – e.g. ectopic pregnancy, fertility problems, or recurrent miscarriage. Contact us for details.