The Pregnancy Loss Pledge
Our new campaign urges employers across the UK to commit to supporting their staff through the distress of miscarriage.
We are encouraging businesses and organisations to meet our new pregnancy loss standard to ensure that employees going through what can be a very difficult or traumatic time get the support and time off they need.
The standard asks employers to understand and implement the rules around pregnancy-related leave, create a supportive work environment, to have a policy or guidance in place, to ensure line managers have access to resources to help them manage a difficult situation and to support people, including partners, back to work by showing flexibility wherever possible.
Will your workplace take the M.A.’s Pregnancy Loss Pledge and agree to:
- Encourage a supportive work environment where people feel able to discuss and disclose pregnancy and/or loss without fear of being disadvantaged or discriminated against
- Understand and implement the rules around pregnancy-related leave, ensuring staff feel able to take the time off they need
- Show empathy and understanding towards people and their partners experiencing pregnancy loss
- Implement a pregnancy loss policy or guidance, or ensure it is included in sickness, bereavement or other workplace policies – being mindful of the needs of partners, too
- Encourage line managers to access in-house or external guidance (such as that available on the MA website) on how to support someone experiencing pregnancy loss
- Support people back to work by being responsive to their needs and showing flexibility wherever possible
Take the pledge for your company or organisation by completing the following form. On completion, if you consent to us contacting you, we will be in touch and send you assets to help you share your pledge on your website and/or social media.
Thank you to everyone taking the Pregnancy Loss Pledge, including:
Co-op, Aira, North Star, Zip, UK Coaching, MVF, Horizon HR, Cosy Aromas, Loreburn housing association, Lottie’s Nurseries, Distrkt, Blaser Mills law, BeBright Pre-school, Radioactive PR, Reddico Digital, Jack & Grace, HR180, Polka Dot Data, Mediabrands, Wagada Digital, Brabners LLP, Martlets Hospice, ManDad Media, TattyB Media.
Visit our Miscarriage and the Workplace information hub here.