We know that facing the festive season can sometimes be really difficult for those who have been through pregnancy loss. Many of you will be thinking about your lost babies and what might have been.
We want you to know that it’s okay to feel whatever you’re feeling and to do whatever you need. Take gentle care of yourself and remember we’re here for anyone affected by miscarriage, ectopic or molar pregnancy – you’re not alone.
If you might find some comfort in remembering your baby or babies at this time of year, you could light a candle, or place a special ornament or decoration on your Christmas tree.
Whether or not you do something special, you may still be finding things hard. If you’d like to talk to someone who understands, you are very welcome to call or email our helpline or message us on Live Chat during office hours:
Normal hours: Monday – Friday, 9am – 4pm
Holiday closures: 25 and 26 December and 1 January
Even when we are closed:
- You can still post and read messages on our support forum. If you’re not already a member, join by 3pm on 22 December to be able to access the forum over the holiday closures.
- You can use our private Facebook groups at any time to share your thoughts and feelings with others. We have a general group and two for people who are at different stages of being pregnant after loss.
- You may like to join one of our support group meetings that are taking place around the festive season.
- You might find it helpful to read some of the stories and thoughts that others have shared. Sometimes just knowing you’re not alone can really help you through.
- When we’re not open you can always contact the Samaritans free 24 hour helpline on 116 123.
Here’s hoping you have a peaceful festive season and new year.
With warm wishes
All of us at the Miscarriage Association