How we can help
The Miscarriage Association provides support and information to anyone affected by pregnancy loss, through our:
We will always try to be of help, but are unable to provide professional counselling. There’s more information on how to find a counsellor on our ‘Counselling after a miscarriage’ page.
Our staffed pregnancy loss helpline is available from Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. to provide support on all aspects of pregnancy loss. Call us on 01924 200799.
We can also provide information and offer support via email. You can reach us at email@example.com. We aim to reply the same or the next working day.
We have a UK-wide network of support volunteers, who have been through the experience of pregnancy loss themselves and can offer real understanding and a listening ear. Most offer support by telephone and some run monthly support groups.
We have support groups in:
- Birmingham Women’s Hospital
- Heartlands Hospital, meets on the 2nd Wednesday of the month from 6.30 to 8 p.m. (email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details)
- The Black Country:
- meets in the Dudley area
- meets at the Alma Church, Clifton on the 1st Tuesday of the month, 7-9pm. Further details on Facebook at Bristol Miscarriage Support.
- Chester/North Wales:
- meets at Caldy Valley Church Centre, Great Boughton on the 1st Tuesday of the month
- Coleraine, Northern Ireland:
- meets on the last Tuesday of the month, from 7 – 8.30 p.m.. Contact us for details.
- meets at the Craiglochart Sports Centre’s Tennis Tournament Building on the 2nd Wednesday of the month
- meets at the New Victoria Hospital on the 1st Thursday of the month
- Ipswich & Suffolk:
- meets at the Women’s Centre, 37 Berners Street, Ipswich IP1 3LN on the first Tuesday of the month. Text 07905 001429 for more details
- meets once a month in the Prayer Room at Guy’s Hospital. Next meetings will be Thursdays 26 June, 31 July, 28 Aug, 25 Sep and 30 Oct at 6.30 p.m.. Contact MALondon2014@outlook.com for more information and directions.
- Meets once a month (but not September 2014). Text 07504 045615 for details of venue and meeting dates
- meets at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital on the 1st Wednesday of the month, 7:30-9pm. Further details at www.facebook.com/NorfolkMiscarriageSupport
- meets at Sherwood Methodist Church
- meets once a month. Contact email@example.com for details.
- meets at York Hospital Bereavement Suite on the first Wednesday of the month
We aim to provide support, information and friendship across our website. If there’s anything you can’t find or that you think we could add, please tell us.
We have a range of leaflets that talk about the facts and feelings of miscarriage, ectopic and molar pregnancy. We always welcome suggestions for new leaflet topics.
Our online forum
Our online forum is a safe space for people to share thoughts, feelings and experiences about miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy and molar pregnancy.
Our social media groups and profiles
We also have a number of other online spaces and groups where you can find information and peer support. These include Facebook groups, Twitter, Instagram and more.