Fundraising on eBay
It’s easy to support the Miscarriage Association as you buy and sell online with eBay for Charity. Whether you choose to give an extra pound at checkout or pass on a percentage of your selling price, every donation to the Miscarriage Association allows us to continue providing essential support to those who’ve lost a baby during pregnancy.
Buying on eBay
Donating at checkout
To make a donation to the M.A. when you purchase an item on eBay:
- Set up a PayPal account if you haven’t already and use this to pay for your transaction. This is because eBay’s charity programme is administered through the PayPal giving fund.
- Once you’re on eBay, log in to the M.A.’s page and add us as a favourite.
- Whenever you buy an item on eBay, you will be given the option of donating to the M.A. (or any of your other favourite charities) when you go through checkout.
Buying items that support the Miscarriage Association
You can also help raise funds for the M.A. by buying items where the seller has chosen to donate a percentage of the selling price. To see current items for sale, search for ‘The Miscarriage Association’ on the Shopping for Charity page. On the individual listings, you will find the M.A. logo and information about the percentage of the selling price that we will receive.
Selling on eBay
Listing your items for sale
With eBay for Charity, any eBay seller can choose to donate between 10-100% of their final selling price to the Miscarriage Association (or 5-100% for vehicle sales).
To do this, you will need to:
- Set up an eBay account, log in, and then go to the M.A.’s page. Maybe add us as a favourite. Alternatively you can search for us in the directory of charities as you create your auction listing.
- Use the Advanced Sell form to create your listing, choosing the M.A. as your recipient charity. You may be prompted to set up a method for paying your donation – either by PayPal or bank transfer – if you have not already done so.
Once your auction is complete, you can pay your donation via your ‘Donation Account’ on eBay or have it automatically collected by PayPal on the fourth Monday after the listing closes.
Adding Gift Aid
If you’re a UK tax payer, you may wish to consider registering for Gift Aid on eBay. This means that, for every pound you donate to the M.A., we receive an extra 25p from the government. You can update your Gift Aid declaration via your ‘Donation Account’ on eBay.
For more information on how to buy and sell on eBay to support the Miscarriage Association, see the eBay for Charity FAQs.